Monday, August 16, 2010

Football

I meant to share this last week, but I was sidetracked by other concerns. There has been a 2nd game and a 2nd loss since that 1st Saturday. I may post regarding that this week.


A week ago Saturday, the Diminutive Native Americans played their 1st football game of the season. My grandson’s team came away with their 1st loss of the season. They got spanked! The guys and Jessica fought valiantly, but came up a bit short losing to the Little Leopards 48-0. We almost scored, but our guy looked back to gauge the size the kid who was about to slam him into the ground.
The other team was big. I thought this was for 6 grade students; I’m not sure about the age of some on the opposing team. Their running back sliced through our “defensive line” (which is a strain of vocabulary) like a redneck at a WalMart clearance sale. He didn’t look like he was in 6th grade, but I spoke to his wife and she assured me that he was.
Of course, the team was discouraged but not completely downcast. After all, the game was lost because the referees favored the opposing team. They are practicing hard and claiming dominion over their next opponents, the Little Red Dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment